We provide detailed information on how to do USPS Cargo Tracking and USPS Cargo quick inquiry. Here are the details of where my USPS cargo is.
America postal service for cargo tracking; Click on https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input Type your cargo tracking number on the screen that will open and click the “track” button.
Where do I find my tracking number?
Your tracking number can be found in the following places:
- Your Post Office shipping receipt
- Your sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office
- Your email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking label
USPS Tracking Sample Number
- USPS Tracking 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Global Express Guaranteed 82 000 000 00
- Priority Mail Express International EC 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- EA 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail International CP 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
How can I leave delivery instructions?
If a package qualifies for the USPS Delivery Instructions™ service, you can tell USPS where to leave a package at your address, send it to a different address, or send it to your Post Office.
Click Change Delivery Instructions on the tracking results page to leave your request. If you do not see the Change Delivery Instructions link, your package is not eligible for the Delivery Instructions service.
No “Delivery Instructions” Link
There are several reasons a package may not be eligible for Delivery Instructions.
Ineligible packages may have:
- Already left the Post Office for delivery
- A Hold Mail request
- A Forward Mail request
- A military (APO/FPO) or DPO address
- An international sender
- A Delivery Signature request
- A Collect on Delivery (COD) request
- An active USPS Package Intercept® order
- Insurance for $500 or more